10 days Tanzania safari
A 10-day Tanzania safari is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that takes you on a journey through some of the country’s most iconic national parks. You’ll have the opportunity to see an incredible variety of wildlife, including the Big Five and many other species, as well as breathtaking landscapes and diverse habitats. The itinerary typically includes visits to Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Serengeti National Park. These parks offer a range of activities such as game drives, hot air balloon rides, cultural visits, and walks with local guides. With its diverse array of wildlife, rich cultural heritage, and stunning landscapes, a Tanzania safari is an unforgettable experience that provides an immersive and authentic look at the heart of Africa.
Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania and transfer to Arusha
On the first day of your 10-day Tanzania safari, you’ll arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, the main international airport serving northern Tanzania. From there, you’ll be transferred to your lodge or hotel in Arusha, a bustling city that serves as the gateway to many of Tanzania’s famous wildlife areas.
After checking in and settling in, you’ll have the rest of the day to relax and acclimate to the new surroundings. You may also want to take a walk around the city to get a feel for the local culture and vibe, or visit some of the local shops and markets to pick up souvenirs or supplies for your upcoming adventures.
Overnight stay in Arusha.
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
On day 2 of your 10-day Tanzania safari, you’ll depart from Arusha and head to Tarangire National Park, located about 2-3 hours drive to the south. This park is famous for its large elephant herds and towering Baobab trees, and is considered one of the best places in Tanzania to see elephants in the wild.
After arriving at the park, you’ll embark on a game drive to explore the park and look for wildlife. The park is home to a variety of animals, including elephants, buffaloes, zebras, gazelles, baboons, and more. In addition to wildlife, you’ll also have the opportunity to see some of the park’s breathtaking landscapes and vistas, including rolling savannas, towering Baobab trees, and the Tarangire River, which attracts a variety of animals during the dry season.
You’ll overnight at a lodge inside the park, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the park’s natural beauty and wildlife.
Overnight stay in Tarangire National Park.
Day 3: Tarangire to Lake Manyara National Park
On day 3 of your 10-day Tanzania safari, you’ll leave Tarangire National Park and drive to Lake Manyara National Park, located about 1-2 hours away. This small but diverse park is known for its unique ecosystem, which includes everything from hot springs and geysers to forests and grasslands.
Upon arrival, you’ll embark on a game drive to explore the park and look for wildlife. Lake Manyara is famous for its large herds of elephants and buffaloes, as well as its population of tree-climbing lions, which are unique to the park. You’ll also have the opportunity to see a variety of other animals, including giraffes, monkeys, baboons, and a variety of bird species.
In addition to wildlife viewing, you’ll also have the chance to explore the park’s beautiful landscapes, including the lake and its surrounding forests, as well as the nearby hot springs and geysers.
Overnight stay in Lake Manyara National Park.
Day 4: Lake Manyara to Serengeti National Park
On day 4 of your 10-day Tanzania safari, you’ll leave Lake Manyara National Park and drive to Serengeti National Park, one of the most famous wildlife reserves in the world. The drive from Lake Manyara to Serengeti takes about 3-4 hours and provides an opportunity to see the beautiful countryside and rural villages of Tanzania.
Upon arrival in Serengeti, you’ll embark on a game drive to explore the park and look for wildlife. The Serengeti is known for its vast plains and large herds of animals, including lions, elephants, buffaloes, zebras, and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to see the famous wildebeest migration, which takes place in the Serengeti each year and is one of the largest migrations of mammals in the world.
In addition to wildlife viewing, you’ll also have the chance to explore the park’s stunning landscapes, including the vast savannas and rolling hills that make up much of the park’s terrain.
Overnight stay in Serengeti National Park.
Day 5-7: Serengeti National Park
Days 5-7 of your 10-day Tanzania safari will be spent fully exploring Serengeti National Park. During this time, you’ll embark on multiple game drives, each with its own unique focus. Some game drives will take you to areas known for high concentrations of particular species, such as lions, leopards, or elephants, while others will focus on the park’s incredible landscapes and breathtaking vistas.
In addition to game drives, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in other activities, such as hot air balloon rides, nature walks, or cultural tours. These activities will provide you with a more in-depth and intimate experience of the park and its surroundings, and will give you a deeper understanding of the flora, fauna, and people of the area.
Overnights stays in Serengeti National Park
Day 8: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
On day 8 of your 10-day Tanzania safari, you’ll leave Serengeti National Park and drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This drive takes about 3-4 hours and provides you with an opportunity to see the changing landscapes of Tanzania as you make your way from the grassy plains of the Serengeti to the forested hills of Ngorongoro.
Upon arrival in Ngorongoro, you’ll check into your accommodation and have the rest of the day to relax or take part in optional activities, such as a visit to a Maasai village or a scenic hike in the surrounding hills.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is known for its large and diverse population of wildlife, including lions, elephants, buffaloes, zebras, and more. The area is also home to the Ngorongoro Crater, one of the largest intact calderas in the world and a popular destination for visitors to the area.
Overnight stay in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 9: Drive to Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast, you’ll depart for Ngorongoro Crater, a large, extinct volcanic caldera located in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The journey takes approximately 3 hours. Upon arrival, you’ll check-in to your lodge or tented camp. The rest of the day will be at leisure, allowing you to relax and enjoy the views of the surrounding landscape.
Day 10: Drive Back to Arusha for Departure
On the final day of your Tanzania safari, you’ll depart for Arusha, which will take about 3 hours. Along the way, you’ll stop at a local market to purchase any last-minute souvenirs. Once in Arusha, you’ll be transferred to the airport or your hotel for your onward journey. Your 10-day Tanzania safari comes to an end, but the memories of the breathtaking landscapes and encounters with the wildlife will last a lifetime.
- All Covid-19 Guidelines/Protocols are in place.
- All park entry fees.
- All applicable government taxes faxes, email, etc
- Transportation in custom safari vehicles . (NEW Private Stretched Toyota 4WD Land cruiser) . with pop-up roof ideal for game viewing and pass, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, beverages. sightseeing during the safari. . Services not mentioned in the program
- Services of professional and trained driver-guides. . Other activities not mentioned in the program (English/Chinese/Spanish/French/German/Italian) (Balloon/Olduvai Gorge/Maasai village/Letoli Foot prints)
- Services of professional and trained Cook if do camping safari.
- Services of all camping equipment. (tents/mattresses/pillows/chairs/tables sleeping bags/cooking utensils etc) if do camping safari.
- Fullboard (buffet) accommodation in the parks during the safari as mentioned. All meals as above (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch & D – Dinner) both western and local dishes.
- Room type (All en suite).
- Wifi to all the lodges/tented camp.
- All meals (as specified in the itinerary).
- Lunch boxes or hot lunches where applicable.
- 2 bottled mineral water per person per day
- First Aid Kit.
- Wide window seats.
- Seat belts in all our vehicles.
- Wildlife books & maps.
- Fine wet/dry serviette paper tissue.
- Complimentary membership with flying doctors aero medical evacuation of East.
- Assistance on arrival and departure at (Airport/borders).
- Domestic/International airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls,faxes, email, etc
- Tips and gratuities for your driver-guides or hotel staff
- Tips and gratuities for your driver-guides or hotel staff
- Expenses of personal nature such as passport/border pass, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, beverages.
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Other activities not mentioned in the program (Balloon/Olduvai Gorge/Maasai village/Letoli Foot prints)